Dry Fruits are the dried fruits from which the original water content has been removed. Dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, dates, raisins etc. are known to be a powerhouse of nutrients. Dry fruits devoid of any additives are the best for our body.
Dried Fruits Benefits:
- Boost Immunity and Help Fight Diseases- The antioxidants present in dried fruits boost your immunity, keeps you healthy and make free from diseases and other illnesses.
- Help Combat Cancer– Phytonutrients, found in Dried fruits like apricots and apples, act as antioxidants to prevent the growth of cancer-causing cells.
- Help With Weight Loss- Dry fruits have lesser fats, sugar and more vital nutrients for proper metabolism.
- Fight Constipation- Dry Fruits are rich in fibres which ensure a healthy bowel movement. Dried Fruits such as pistachios and dates make your bowel movement more flexible, thus, relieve constipation.
- Keep Your Stomach Healthy- The laxative properties present in dried fruits like almonds and walnuts helps to maintain a happy gut.
- Have Anti-ageing and Skin-friendly Properties- Radiant and glowing skin and controlling ageing are some of the benefits of dry fruits.
- Fight Anaemia and Boost Haemoglobin- Dry fruits contains nutrients like Vitamin B, minerals like phosphorous and copper, and unsaturated fats which helps to boost the regeneration of blood cells and haemoglobin in the body.
- Help Maintain a Healthy Heart- They control cholesterol and reduce inflammatory markers in your body. And prevent spikes in cholesterol levels and helps in maintaining it at a healthy optimum.
- Improve Bone Health- Dry fruits helps in improving bone density to make the bones stronger and protect them from excessive wear and tear.
- Fight Depression and Anxiety- Dry fruits are a rich source of beta carotene, an antioxidant that fights anxiety and depression in people.
Dry/Dried Fruits Types:
- Cashew/ Kaju
- Raisins/ Kismis
- Pistachio/ Pista
Almond Dried Fruit Benefits: Eat them raw in your breakfast. 4-5 almonds twice a day is enough.
- It will keep your skin moisturised
- It prevents split ends and hair fall
- Helps in weight loss
Cashew/Kaju Dried Fruit Benefits: Eat them raw twice a day (4-5) or Add cashews to make a sweet dish .
- It promotes healthy brain functioning
- Even improves digestion
- Also controls blood sugar levels in your body
Raisins/Kismis Dried Fruit Benefits: Try to have almost 30-40 (in divided proportions) raisins in a day. Soaked Raisins are a great health supplement.
- It reduces hypertension
- Even relieves constipation
- Also keeps your teeth and bones healthy
Dates Dried Fruit Benefits: Consuming 4-5 dates twice a day is enough. Soak them overnight and have a healthy date syrup.
- Help to maintains healthy nervous system
- It treats anaemia
- Also treats night blindness
Walnuts Dried Fruit Benefits: Have raw walnuts daily in the morning. 4-5 walnuts in a day keep your body healthy.
- Reduces inflammation
- It controls diabetes
- Also keeps your hair silky and shiny
Apricots Dried Fruit Benefits: You can have 7-8 apricots in a day. Mix them to any of the fruit and vegetable salad.
- Improves vision
- Protects your skin from cell damage
- Removes premature signs of ageing
- It boosts immune system
Pistachios/Pista Dried Fruit Benefits: One or two fistfuls per day.
- Pistachios treats dermatitis
- It Improves sex drive in men
- Also controls cholesterol levels in your body