Custard Apple is a green, fruit with scaly skin and sweet, creamy flesh. Also known as ‘sitaphal‘ in Hindi, ‘Seetha Palam‘ in Telugu. It has countless health benefits like being rich in antioxidants and minerals like calcium and potassium.
Health benefits of Custard Apple
- It is rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, boosts immunity, fight inflammation, and promote eye and heart health.
- It has anti-oxidants like Vitamin C, which helps in neutralizing free radicals in our body.
- It contains magnesium, which helps in relaxing muscles and protecting heart against diseases.
- The seeds of custard apple are effective in healing minor injuries and also speed-up skin cell re-growth and provide instant pain relief.
- The leaves of Custard Apple helps to slow down the absorption of sugar in our body.
- The creamy pulp can be used to treat boils and ulcers.
- Can add Custard Apple in your daily diet if wants to put on some weight.
- It can be dried, crushed for treating diarrhea and dysentery.
- Custard apple leaf extract is toxic to breast cancer cells.
- It also helps in flushing out the toxins from your body and make you feel more energetic and powerful.