Winter brings the cold and snow. Several health conditions are specifically associated with the climatic conditions during coldest season. This is natural since the body is trying to nourish itself against these stresses.
Tips to Stay healthy in winter:
- Take good amount of sleep
- Get outdoors in natural daylight as much as possible
- Dress warm natural fibre cloth properly
- Do exercise Regularly
- Drink 6 – 10 cups of warming liquids such as hot water and herbal teas to prevent dehydration.
- Avoid refined sugar which weakens the immune system and use healthy sweeteners
- Use spices like Fennel, Cumin, Coriander, Ginger, Anise, Cinnamon, Black pepper, Turmeric, Mustard seeds and Cardamom which helps in digestion and eliminate gas.
- Meditate or listen to music. Good rest is vital to balance.
- Eat nuts and seeds as they provide necessary vitamins and natural oils to keep body warm.
- Have a warm bath or foot bath with Epsom salts daily.
- Winter vegetables such as carrots, parsnips, swede and turnips can be roasted, mashed or made into soup for a comforting winter meal.
- Milk and dairy products such as cheese, yogurt and fromage frais are great sources of proteins, vitamins,and calcium.
- Avoid cold foods and iced drinks; that means no ice cream too.
- Take steps to protect yourself from cold and flu this season.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
- Keeping your body well hydrated will also help to keep your skin healthy by flush out toxins and ward off winter bugs.