Dress wisely in clothes that’ll help you look and feel cool. There’s no reason to sacrifice your style. With all the great options on the racks, you might even surprise yourself by loving your maternity wardrobe even more than your pre-pregnancy one. We have shorts, skirts, dresses and tops and swimwear perfect for a summer pregnancy. From nautical stripes to bold summer colors, Summer Maxi dresses, off the shoulder blouses, smocked skirts and flowing tops in lightweight summery fabrics are versatile and breezy additions to your summer wardrobe. Nowadays, there are many High Street stores that offer fabulous maternity pieces and just remember that you don’t always have to wear maternity clothes. Pregnancy is about being proud of your body and bump.
1.Choose lightweight summer maternity clothes: Stay cool and refreshed by wearing clothes made of natural fibers, like cotton and linen. Your key to survive a summer pregnancy is to choose lightweight maternity clothes. Another key factor to consider, is to go for light-colored clothes versus dark colored ones. Avoid synthetic fabrics such as polyester and rayon, as they’ll only make you sweat more and cause lots of discomfort. 2. Comfortable Shoes: Shoes are probably one of the most important summer maternity essentials. The water retention and swelling make it difficult to find shoes that fit but are still comfortable and cute! Supportive flip flops or open strappy sandals are a great option. To keep swelling at bay, remember to exercise, to not stand in one spot for too long, to put your feet up at the end of the day, and to keep hydrated!. Get yourself a cool pair of sneakers that you’ll love to pair up with your maternity-wear.
3. Dresses: Dresses are your best friends if you’re pregnant in the summer. If you’re purchasing non-maternity dresses, I recommend buying them one size up. Keep in mind that your bump will hike up the hemline several inches, so don’t get any that are too short!. They fit your bump well and flatter your new, growing figure. Plus, they’re super breathable and look adorable.
4. Shorts: Having some shorts that are specifically for your pregnancy is a great way to go. Shorts are always a summer essential, and even more so when you’re pregnant. Opt to buy maternity shorts that are a little longer, looser and comfortably hug that snugly baby in your belly. It’s great for layering under maternity tops or for extra coverage while nursing.
5. Flowy Tops & Tees: Solid maternity tops and tees pair well with any bottoms and are really flattering. Basic tops to be the most comfortable and versatile. So invest in a few good, basic pieces to keep you cool.
6. A Flattering Swimsuit: There are cute one pieces and two pieces, so pick one you feel most beautiful and comfortable in. It’s hard to be excited about swimming in the summer with a growing belly. However, the upside is that people know you’re pregnant and you don’t have to suck in your tummy or worry about bloat. Showing off that sweet belly is so adorable by the pool or by the sea.
7. A Good Bra: Specially-constructed, maternity and nursing bras afford a level of support that average lingerie just can’t match. If you’re pregnant, your cup size has gone up, you’ll need to accommodate your larger chest with a supportive and comfortable bra.
8. Show off your sweet baby bump: Since it’s wedding season, pick an evening gown in which you could proudly show off your baby bump. However, a body-con dress or a top that embraces your baby bump will make you feel so nice.
9. Replace your Jeans with Denim Cut-Offs: Denim cut-offs never go out of style, and they’d be a great addition to your summer pregnancy looks. Wear your favorite summer tops with denim cut-offs and denim shirts are a perfect choice, as they’re lightweight but they’ll give you a little bit of warmth when needed.