Importance of Basil Plant
Basil is green leafy holy plant, popularly known as “Tulsi” in India . Basil is an herb. Basil leaves are used to make several types of medicines. In some of the foods, basil leaves are used for flavoring purpose. Different forms of Basil is used in treating different kinds of Health issues.
Health Benefits of Basil plant
- Basil is antibacterial in nature.
- Holy Basil contains many nutrition such as vitamin A,C,calcium,iron,zinc,magnesium,potassium and chlorophyll.
- Basil Plant also have anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Basil is antiviral, anti fungal and even acts as a analgesic.
Uses Of Basil Plant
- The anti inflammatory, antioxidant nature of Basil treats :
- Mouth ulcer
- Common cold
- Basil also helps in reducing blood glucose, risk of heart attacks and cholesterol level.
- Basil helps in purifying the blood.
- It also cures inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Holy Basil also have the potential to fight different types of cancer.
- Basil plant prevents from the damage caused by some free radicals in the liver, brain, and heart by killing some harmful molecules.
- Basil releases intestinal gas.
- Having Basil Regularly treats Stomach spasms.
- Releases constipation and prevent from kidney disorders.
- Basil also cures some snakes and insects bites.
- Basil leaves works well on acne and nourishes the skin.
- Basil aromatherapy promotes mental alertness, mental focus and attention.
- Chemicals present in Basil plant helps to get rid of warts and worms.
- Basil help in lowering your cholesterol.
Precautions & Warnings While Using Basil:
- Basil oil may increases bleeding by slowing down the process of blood clotting.
- Taking large medicinal amount of Basil may lead to Liver cancer.
- Before any surgeries stop using Basil because it might increases the bleeding.
- Regular use of Basil in the form of medicine may reduces blood pressure too much.