They are an essential macro nutrient as our body’s main source of fuel to run on. Carbs, are one of three macro nutrients that provide the body with energy. The other two are protein and fat. Carbs can combine together to form polymers, or chains. Carbs can help prevent weight gain-and even promote weight loss. A carbohydrate-deficient diet may cause headaches fatigue weakness difficulty concentrating nausea constipation bad breath and vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
Some of the Benefits of Carbohydrates:
- Regular intake of healthy carbohydrates maintains healthy blood sugar and provide energy to burn fat for weight loss.
- Carbohydrates such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables are highly nutritious and are rich in antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- The brain needs carbohydrates, specifically glucose, because neurons cannot burn fat.
- Carbs will make your memory sharp.
- Carbohydrate-rich foods are Whole grains, Starchy vegetables, Milk products.
- Carbs will help you reduce total body fat and belly fat.
Avoid added sugar processed foods refined grains sodas other sugary drinks and sweets as much as possible. We need carbohydrates for health, but they must be the right kind of carbohydrate.
Healthy foods lower in carbohydrates are Non starchy vegetables, Nuts and seeds.