Brinjal Fish Curry
fish brinjal curry is a popular Recipe in Andhra Pradesh served with rice and roti. Fish Brinjal curry is a very popular dish prepared in the coastal areas of Andhra Pradesh. This is an extremely delicious curry preparation where fish pieces are cooked with brinjal in onion tomato gravy. They blend well and is slightly spicy to eat.
for ingredients and preparation method watch the video given below.
The juices from the tomatoes, brinjal mixed with spices and fresh herbs infuses its flavors into the dry fish making it highly delectable to eat.
1. Apply salt and turmeric powder on slices of fish and set them aside for half an hour.
2. Roast together coriander, cumin and poppy seeds, 1 medium onion, ginger, garlic, chilies and coconut.
3. Grind this mixture to a fine paste.
4. Fry the fish lightly in oil.
5. Soak tamarind in one cup hot water and then squeeze out the juice.
6. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil and put in the mustard seeds and when the seeds stop popping, add the sliced onions and fry until soft.
7. Add the ground paste and fry nicely.
8. Add brinjals and mix well, add tamarind and 3 cups of water.
9. When the brinjals are almost done, put in the fish.
10. Remove the curry from fire when the brinjals are cooked.
11. Serve hot.