Mint (Mentha) and commonly known as pudina is a popular herb and is the name for many plant species, including peppermint and spearmint, that belong to the genus Mentha. Mint is known for its cooling sensation. They can be added to foods in both fresh and dried forms. Mint is very cooling and aids in digestion and breathing disorders too.” Mint (pudina) in India, used in the form of tea, beverage, candies, jellies, syrup, ice cream, etc. Mint oil is also widely used in the preparation of perfumes and for treatment of a variety of conditions.
Mint Leaves benefits
- Anti-inflammatory Nature: Mint reduces cellular damage caused by excessive stress. Mint even may limit the initiation of chronic inflammation.
- Immune-boosting Nature: Mint helps to protect cells by scavenging free radicals and also reduces risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and some cancers.
- Treats Bad Breath: Mint is a highly aromatic and freshening herb. Menthol fights halitosis that causes bad breath and the antibacterial properties kills the germs and bacteria.
- Improves Digestion: Peppermint tea can regulate digestion. Peppermint tea also helps to digest foods more efficiently by increases bile in the stomach.
- Fights Cold and Flu: The antioxidants present in Mint increases circulation and also helps white blood cells to travel faster throughout the body. Mint also contains antibacterial properties which helps to kill bacteria that are harmful to your immune system.
- Nutrition Value: Mint tea also contains antioxidants, vitamin B, potassium and calcium which helps your body to stay healthy.
- Reduces Stress levels: Anti-inflammatory properties present in Mint reduces blood pressure, helps to attain a calm state. Mint also can help to lower your overall body temperature.
- Skin and Hair Care: Mint reduces redness caused by acne. Mint also have antiseptic properties which prevent build up of bacteria that can clog pores. Mint has soothing effect helps in treating skin rashes and itchy bug bites.
- Prevents Breathing Problem: Mint soothes the throat, nose and also relieves the irritation that causes chronic coughing. Menthol in mint, gives relief from respiratory disorders such as asthma and common colds. Also helps in clearing up congestion of the throat, bronchi, and lungs very effectively.
- Reduces Weight: Mint according to a study helps in stimulating the digestive enzymes which absorbs nutrients and fat from food by making it into a usable energy.
- Prevent Memory Loss: Mint chewing can increases mental alertness and memory retention. It also works on stress. Mint smell can charge your energy and get your brain functioning at a higher level again.
Mint Other Uses:
- Mint juice can be applied to heal and soothe burns.
- Mint herb improves the activity of the brain.
- Consuming Mint during fever produces sweat helps in reducing temperature.
- Pregnant women can take Mint tea but should be limited.